Tag Along Adventure
This guided 4WD adventure departing from Rainbow Beach is the best way to experience the breath-taking beauty of K'gari (formally Fraser Island). Experience the stunning lakes, creeks and rainforests that make up this wonderful Island. At night, retreat to your own private campsite just metres from the beach for drinks and tales by the fire with your fellow adventurers!
**ALL TRAVELLERS SHOULD ATTEND 7AM SAFETY BRIEFING THE MORNING OF THE TOUR. YOU MUST CHECK IN FOR YOUR K'GARI ADVENTURE AT FREEDOM RAINBOW BEACH RECEPTION BEFORE YOU ATTEND YOUR 7AM SAFETY BRIEFING THE MORNING OF THE TOUR.
Please advise if you want to be with friends in the same car and if you have any dietary requirements.
- Venture across the whole of magical K'gari in self-drive 4x4s with a group of fun, adventurous travellers
- Explore K'gari, the world’s largest sand island
- Drive on the beach highway, 75 Mile Beach
- Swim in the crystal-clear waters of Boorangoora (Lake McKenzie)
- Wander through majestic rainforests growing in sand
- Soak in the refreshing flowing waters of Eli Creek
- Visit the most famous of K’gari’s shipwrecks the SS Maheno
- Spot a wide range of animals, many of which are considered to be rare or vulnerable
- Morning Tea, Lunch and Dinner on Day 1
- Breakfast, Morning Tea and Lunch on Day 2
- Fuel for 4x4s
- Tent, camp mat, sleeping bag
- All camping, National Park and vehicle permits
- Return ferry transfer
- 4WD driver training on the beach
- All 4x4s have iPod / MP3 adaptor cables
- Luggage storage at Freedom Rainbow Beach
- BYO alcohol (no hard liquor or goon allowed - pre-mixed cans ok)
Fire Wood ($15 per bag) can be purchased at the safety briefing from Freedom Hostel
- Optional Vehicle Damage Liability Reduction - see below for options:
No Cover – 100% liability for any damage caused
Reduce Excess options:
- $25 to reduce to $1,000 excess
- $50 to reduce to $500 excess
All passengers will get a an email 3 days prior to the tour departure, here they can complete a pre check-in form and purchase the Optional Vehicle Damage Liability Reduction if they choose too.
What to Bring:
- Small bags ONLY (we have limited space in the vehicles - bring along your larger bags to the morning safety briefing and we can store them for you free of charge at Freedom Hostel for the duration of your tour)
- Warm clothes for night time
- Refillable water bottle
- Sun lotion and insect repellent
- Camera / phone / portable speaker (please note there are limited options for charging these devices on the island)
- Baby wipes
- If you would like to take alcohol you will need to bring this with you, no glass can be taken to the island and we also do not allow hard liquor or goon. Pre mixed cans are ok, however please ensure all spirits are decanted into plastic bottles before you arrive for the safety briefing
- Any extra desired snacks
- $2 coins for hot showers
- Driver Licence (if wishing to participate in driving)
"We took our Mum to see the whales to tick off an experience she has always longed for. Mum is almost 90 and in a wheelchair. The staff on Quick Cat were absolutely amazing and attentive making sure she had a wonderful time. Thank you so much loved every minute."
"Expert and passionate knowledge of Hervey Bay and its surroundings. Highly recommended."
"It was so easy to plan our trip and book online. We hired a 4WD and drove from Noosa to Fraser Island along the beach, it was the best thing I have ever done."
Matt & Jen
"We travelled through the Sunshine Coast and onto Hervey Bay and Fraser Island. I loved the hinterland and beaches, most beautiful place to hike & ride. Thank you “Nature Coast Australia”, can’t wait to visit again."
"It was so easy to see all the whale watching tours in one place and choose the right one for us. No where beats Hervey Bay for whale watching!"
"I have always wanted to go to Fraser Island and the day tour we booked was perfect, we want to come back for longer!"
Nick & Michelle
"My favourite tour was the remote west coast of Fraser Island. It was amazing and such a surprise how beautiful it is. Hervey Bay has some wonderful beaches & tours."
"I loved the Sunshine Coast Hinterland especially the quaint village of Maleny, lovely shops & food. The view to the Glasshouse Mountains is spectacular, next time I will hike them."
"We loved our trip to Lady Elliot Island, the reef is healthy and there are heaps of large turtles, manta rays and lots of fish to see when snorkelling, we didn't want to leave."