The Great Beach Drive is a popular scenic drive that takes you along the beautiful coastlines of Australia. Here are some steps to help you plan and execute your Great Beach Drive:
- Plan your route: The Great Beach Drive spans 200 kilometres and starts from Noosa in the south to K’gari (Fraser Island) in the north. Decide on the sections of the drive you want to cover and plan your route accordingly. You may want to start at Noosa and make your way up to K’gari (Fraser Island), or vice versa.
- Get a 4WD vehicle: The Great Beach Drive is a 4WD-only route, so make sure you have a suitable vehicle that can handle the sand and rugged terrain. You can rent a 4WD vehicle from various rental agencies in the area or click here for tour ideas.
- Check the tide times: The Great Beach Drive is only accessible at low tide, so make sure to check the tide times before you start your journey. You can find tide timetables online or at local tourist information centres.
- Pack your essentials: Make sure to bring plenty of water, food, sunscreen, insect repellent, and any other essentials you may need during the trip. It’s also a good idea to bring a map, GPS device, and a first aid kit.
- Take your time: The Great Beach Drive is a scenic journey, so take your time and enjoy the stunning coastal views. Stop at some of the beautiful beaches, sand dunes, and freshwater lakes along the way.
- Respect the environment: The Great Beach Drive passes through various national parks and protected areas, so make sure to respect the environment and follow any rules or regulations in place. Leave no trace and take your rubbish with you.
By following these steps, you can enjoy an unforgettable journey along the Great Beach Drive in Australia.